Development Manager (P/T)
The CIS has an exciting opportunity for a person who is passionate about our mission, enjoys connecting with people and organisations and is prepared to assist with selling the message. This 3 or 4 day a week job will suit a person who has the skills to leverage relationships, excite people about the CIS mission and who could assist the Executive Director in achieving the fundraising goals.
The person will be responsible for researching, analysing and approaching funding sources for CIS projects and programs; helping the Executive Director develop strategies to build CIS relationships within the business community; building and strengthening relationships with current and future supporters; assisting researchers in reporting to PAF’s and foundations.
In general applicants must have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise, and consult confidently and professionally with donors, staff and other stakeholders at all levels
- Exceptional written communication skills with experience in developing proposals and writing funding letters
- High level ability to think both strategically and tactically about the relationships between potential funders and fundraising goals and work with CIS senior management to achieve desired outcomes.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure if needed
- A proactive approach to fundraising and relationship building
- Happy to ‘muck in’ when needed and be a team player
- The mindset that enjoys dealing with administrative details and would relish the recording and linking of individual and organizational relationships
- Great attention to details
The role will involve:
- Helping maintain current funders and identifying prospects who could be more significant funders.
- Building the prospect list and implementing actions such as meetings, letters and functions for the appropriate person eg. ED, a board member or a researcher
- Implementing and continually update the recording and reporting on all prospects and all current funders
- Identifying possible new foundation funding
- Working with researchers to develop and write prospectuses when required
- Writing foundation progress reports
- Working with the board in any capacity they require
- Working with the ED and his EA to organise meetings, activities etc
Your skills & experience will include:
- Experience in coordinating fundraising or relationship based programs (or similar) and proven success in donor/customer cultivation and stewardship
- Proven high level ability in formulating a strategic plan and action plan
- Ability to establish and monitor budgets
- Experience working with excel databases and CRM programs
- A demonstrated ability to use data and segmentation to tailor communications and drive response
- A demonstrated ability in creating compelling donor proposals and stories
If you believe you have the skills and the passion for a role in development management and have a strong commitment to the ideals of the CIS please send your CV and a cover letter to Jenny Lindsay telling us what you could offer in the role.
Salary is negotiable and will reflect the person’s level of experience.
A small number of short-term unpaid internships are available throughout the year. If you would like to be considered for a position during 2017 please send in your CV and a cover letter and we will add you to the waiting list and contact you when a position becomes available.
We select interns on three main criteria:
1. That the intern is studying in a field that we have a research interest in or that they are prepared to be involved in the project we offer them which may not be directly research oriented.
2. That a mentor within the CIS is available to work with the intern. We have found that the experience is less than satisfactory on both sides if there isn’t a real project to be worked on and real support for the intern.
3. That you are available to work at our office at 131 Macquarie St Sydney
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to intern at the CIS. We would also like to know your availability. For your information we have have interns who have worked with us for 12-14 weeks for 1 day a week and others who have worked 2-3 days a week over a shorter period of time in holiday periods.
Please send your application to Jenny Lindsay email@example.com