Workplace Giving is one of the most tax-efficient and cost effective ways to support The Centre for Independent Studies. Workplace Giving is a process that enables our supporters to make regular donations to the Centre via payroll deduction. Even a small amount donated at each pay cycle by a number of employees can go a long way towards ensuring that the CIS continues its valuable work.
Through the Workplace Giving schemes, donations are made from pre-tax salary and donors receive the tax benefit at the same time the donation is made. For example, a donation of $50 per pay can cost a top rate tax payer as little as $27.50. As The Centre for Independent studies is registered as a current Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), all Workplace Giving contributions above $2 qualify for an immediate tax deduction.
Please note that Workplace Giving can be used for donations only – monies contributed via this channel can not be directed towards membership fees.
Workplace Giving saves you time, and reduces our administration costs, allowing us to devote more of our resources towards our public policy research work. Additionally, many employers encourage staff involvement in their Workplace Giving programmes by dollar matching workplace giving contributions allowing you to effectively double your contribution to the CIS. There really isn’t a more a simple way to donate to the CIS on a regular basis.
How can you help?
- If your company has a Workplace giving program then sign up to become a regular donor to the Centre for Independent Studies
- Encourage a friend to become a fellow supporter
- Check if your organisation will match your donation
– there is no easier way to double your contribution
- If your organisation has a restricted list of charities then please ask them to add The Centre for Independent Studies to their list- If your employer does not have a workplace giving programme in place, then feel free to contact us for more information.
Workplace Giving - every donation really does make a difference.