A career with CIS provides an opportunity to be at the forefront of discussion and innovation in the public policy debate. The libertarian philosophy guiding our mission allows scholars and individuals to flourish in a stimulating environment and make a difference in the public conversation on many issues.
Fundraising & Membership Operations Executive
The Centre for Independent Studies (CIS) provides independent research and policy solutions. We are a think tank, politically non-partisan and not-for-profit.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Fundraising and Membership Operations Executive to join our team at the Centre of Independent Studies. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising and membership strategies to increase revenue and membership for the organisation.
You will be part of a small team and should feel comfortable working autonomously, coming up with creative ideas, and communicating effectively with the staff, members, and donors.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to increase and diversify funding sources for CIS.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with major donors, foundations, corporations and other funding sources.
- Plan and execute fundraising campaigns to engage and inspire donors and members.
- Develop and implement member recruitment and retention strategies to grow CIS membership.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing members and engage with potential members to drive growth.
- Collaborate with Communications team to develop compelling messaging and marketing materials to support fundraising and membership efforts.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of fundraising and membership strategies and adjust as necessary to optimise results.
- Maintain and update donor and membership databases and reports.
- Ensure compliance with all fundraising regulations and ethical practices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in fundraising and membership programs, with a proven track record of working with a small and dynamic team.
- Experience in donor and member relationship management preferred, with the ability to establish and maintain strong connections with people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The position is located in our Sydney office. On-site position.
- A cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as they relate to this position.
- Australian working permit
The Centre of Independent Studies is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and members. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about CIS please visit our website cis.org.au.