A career with CIS provides an opportunity to be at the forefront of discussion and innovation in the public policy debate. The libertarian philosophy guiding our mission allows scholars and individuals to flourish in a stimulating environment and make a difference in the public conversation on many issues.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER OPPORTUNITY
The Centre for Independent Studies (CIS) is seeking an experienced AV Technician. This casual position would suit an enthusiastic, organised, technical expert who can work flexible hours. The candidate would ideally have strong knowledge of all aspects of a live event studio and production. We welcome applications from freelancers and appreciate that you may not be able to commit to all events.
The Event AV Technician/Producer will be responsible for the technical production of events on the day. This includes setting up and operating (with assistance) audio, lighting, filming and live streaming of our events. The majority of our events are held in-house at our office on Macquarie St, Sydney.
The successful candidate must have experience in setting up and running audio visual equipment, including mixers, vision switchers, lighting and wireless audio. You will be able to troubleshoot technical issues quickly and effectively while in a live event environment.
Candidates must have:
- Proven experience in delivering successful audio, lighting and filming for live events.
- Experience using livestreaming tools to YouTube and Facebook (Wirecast preferred).
- Proven knowledge of a wide range of audio, vision and lighting equipment, as well as its maintenance, cabling and operation. (PreSonus, Sennheiser and Blackmagic preferred).
- A professional attitude and ability to work with discretion, our events are corporate in nature.
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to commit to events.
- Photography or post-production skills desirable. (Cannon/PremierePro preferred).
Event calls are generally a minimum of 4 -5 hours, work is sporadic (2-5 events per month) and entails working at different times of the day. CIS holds a range of events from breakfasts to lunches and evening events.
This is a great opportunity to work in an intellectually stimulating environment where ideas that change Australian public policy are developed.